About SEE Turtles
SEE Turtles was launched in 2008 as the world's first effort to protect these species through ecotourism. Since then, we have expanded to include educational programs and our Billion Baby Turtles project. We recently joined forces with Oceanic Society, America's first non-profit dedicated to ocean conservation.
SEE TURTLES PROGRAMS:
Since our launch, we have helped save sea turtles in many different ways:
- More than 1,000 people have visited turtle projects, supporting conservation and local communities.
- We have generated more than $700,000 in benefits for turtle conservation and local communities through tours, donations, and in-kind services.
- Billion Baby Turtles has saved more than 500,000 turtle hatchlings at conservation projects across Latin America.
- More than 400 volunteers have completed more than 3,500 work shifts at turtle projects.
- We have reached more than 5,000 students across the US and Latin America with our educational programs.
Upcoming Turtle Conservation Expeditions
Photos: Neil Ever Osborne, Brad Nahill/SEE Turtles, Solvin Zankl/Wild Wonders of Europe