Billion Baby Turtles School Fundraiser Contest
Register for the 2017 contest has closed
Billion Baby Turtles is holding our third annual School Fundraiser Contest. To date, 1,500 students at 30 schools across the US have raised roughly $20,000, helping to save more than 20,000 baby turtles around Latin America. School classes and student groups from around the US will compete to win eco-prize packs with great products like Endangered Species Chocolate and Nature's Path cereal bars.
Participating teachers will have the opportunity to win a free trip to Costa Rica to work with sea turtles! *
- The contest begins September 25th (though you can register now) and runs until November 10th, when funds need to be sent in (received or postmarked).
- Contest winners will be announced by Nov 24th and prizes will be sent by Dec 10th.
How it Works:
- US School classes from kindergarten to high school compete to raise the most money for turtle conservation based on the categories below.
- Prizes are given for different categories (below) and every class that raises at least $100 will receive prizes for the class and each student.
- Classes determine how to raise their money but every class will have the option to sell hatchling postcards for $1 donations each (provided with a deposit but no extra cost).
- Every participating class will receive a free online sea turtle educational presentation by SEE Turtles director Brad Nahill (via Skype).
• Total Money Raised: The class that has raises the most money raised of all participating and eligible classes or clubs
• Money Raised Per Student: The class with the highest average raised per student.
• Elementary School Money Raised: The class from Kindergarten to 4th grade that raises the most money.
• Classes that raise at least $100 will receive prizes including an adoption certificate, a turtle flag for the classroom, and hatchling postcards for each student.
* Teachers whose classes raise at least $100 are eligible to win the Costa Rica trip. Winner will be chosen randomly and former winners are not eligible. Prize does not include airfare to Costa Rica.
* We are sometimes able to offer runners-up prizes depending on how many prizes are available.
Contact us with any questions at [email protected] or 800.215.0378.