Billion Baby Turtles School Fundraiser Contest
Billion Baby Turtles is holding our seventh annual School Fundraiser Contest. To date, 2,000 students at more than 30 schools across the US have raised $25,000, helping to save more than 250,000 endangered baby turtles around Latin America. School classes and student groups from around the US will compete to win eco-prize packs with great products like Endangered Species Chocolate and Nature's Path cereal bars. Participating teachers will have the opportunity to win a free trip to Costa Rica to work with sea turtles! *
New for 2019: We now have a category for individual students! See below for details.
The contest begins October 14th (though you can register now) and runs until November 15th, when funds need to be sent in (received or postmarked).
Contest winners will be announced by Dec 1st and prizes will be sent by Dec 10th to arrive in time for holiday break.
How it Works:
US School classes & students from kindergarten to high school compete to raise money for turtle conservation based on the categories below.
Prizes are given for different categories (below) and every class that raises at least $100 will receive prizes for the class and each student.
Classes determine how to raise their money but every class will have the option to sell hatchling postcards for $1 donations each (provided with a deposit but no extra cost).
Every participating class will receive a free online sea turtle educational presentation by SEE Turtles president Brad Nahill (via Skype), as well as a certificate for the classroom.
• Total Money Raised: The class that has raises the most money raised of all participating and eligible classes or clubs.
• Money Raised Per Student: The class with the highest average raised per student.
• Elementary School Money Raised: The class from Kindergarten to 4th grade that raises the most money.
• Classes that raise at least $100 will receive an adoption certificate and a sticker and hatchling postcard for each student.
*Student Prizes: The 3 top raising students will receive the prize pack plus a turtle ID guide. All students raising at least $50 will receive a certificate, postcards, stickers, ID guide, and a turtle activity book. Note: Students participating in a class group are not eligible. US students only.
Each winning class and student will receive the following for each student (up to 35 students per class): Endangered Species Chocolate bar (milk chocolate), Nature’s Path Snack Pack, Pura Vida Bracelet, Smith & Vandiver Bath Fizzy (up to grade 4), Sandstraw metal straw, turtle activity book (up to grade 8), and a turtle postcard and sticker.
* Teachers whose classes raise at least $100 are eligible to win the Costa Rica trip. Winner will be chosen randomly and former winners are not eligible. Prize does not include airfare to Costa Rica. We also offer a 20% discount to bring along up to 2 other people.
* We are sometimes able to offer runners-up prizes depending on how many prizes are available.
Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity to work with Leatherbacks in Costa Rica! I could not have imagined last October, when my students and I were organizing a fundraiser for SEE Turtles, that I would win this trip! I am looking forward to incorporating all that I have learned into a new project for next year.
-Jennifer M. (2018 Costa Rica trip winner)
Contact us with any questions at email@example.com or 800.215.0378.